Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 22:16:15 -0800
From:      adamw@holonet.net (Adam Wight)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PCMCIA drivers

I just started hacking the zp driver to support the 3Com 3C562
dual-function ether/modem card, and I wanted to make sure I'm not
duplicating effort.  While I'm at it, there are two significant design
issues that I could use input on:

First, the current zp driver cannot be configured if the pccard services
are being used, since it uses its own pccard code.  Very Bad.

Then, the PCMCIA model that we use now makes it impossible to use both
functions of a doubly useful card.  This too is Very Bad.

Is anyone addressing these problems?

-Adam Wight