Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 08:03:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        tim@sssun.spb.su
Cc:        dennis@etinc.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DIGI drivers again

> I think no. Linux have just the same problems with multiport cards as
> FreeBSD. From technical point of view I myself would prefer some
> Digiboard, but because of a very restrictive policy of this company
> on the design of inner parts of card design it's nearly impossible to
> implement a good driver without a NDA.

Anyone interested in full DIGI support and willing to spend some
money please send me private e-mail.  If we can get together enough to offset
the problems associated with a binary only NDA driver, e.g.,
tracking the OS releases, HDA being the soul support point for problems
with the drivers, and HDA having to purchase the hardware,
then I'll implement an NDA binary only driver.

Let me know what product you are interested and how much you're willing
to spend per year for a DIGI driver support contract.

--

Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936