Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 20:09:35 -0400
From:      "cjp" <cjp@sandstorm.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Promise Ultra100 Controller Kernel Compilation

Hardware:
Intel STL2 Motherboard
2 733 MHz PIII
WD 10G UDMA/66
WD 60G UDMA/100
Promise Ultra100 Controller PCI

OS:
FreeBSD 4.2 Stable

What is the proper modification of my kernel configuration file to
get the device to be available?

I tried what was suggested in LINT but /usr/sbin/config issued warnings at
the
use of WDC and suggested I use the ATA driver instead.  I heeded that
warning and
recompiled for ATA.  Should I have ignored that warning?

I recompiled with the following in my kernel configuration file, but to no
avail:

device          ata2    at pci? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          da5     at ata2 drive 0
device          da6     at ata2 drive 1
device          ata3    at pci? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          da7     at ata3 drive 0
device          da8     at ata3 drive 1

 Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,