Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 21:01:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        StevenR362@aol.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail domain name question.

Define the M macro in your sendmail.cf file[s]. E.g.,

DMavionmfg.com

It's near the top of /etc/sendmail.cf.

-- Jay

On Thu, 29 May 1997 StevenR362@aol.com wrote:

->
->How do I get sendmail to rewrite my return addresses to the base
->domain name instead of the machine name.  I.E.
->
->I have two machines at home on a 192.168. fake net that connect to the
->internet via dialup ppp.  The machines are pc.avionmfg.com and
->bsd.avionmfg.com    avionmfg.com is a valid domain name but bsd & pc are
->not.   I need for sendmail to make all return address  foo@avionmfg.com
->and not foo@[bsd,pc].avionmfg.com.  Incoming mail is by pop3 from a
->virtual domain host and is not a problem.
->
->CC me on any replies as I am not on this list.
->
->STeve
->