Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 12:16:55 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        hackers list <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dump wd0: wddump: timeout waiting for DRQ ...

To followup on this, I was able to get a crash dump written by turning
off all of the flags on wdc0 (i.e., disabling DMA and LBA support).  It
looks like there may be a bug here but with a workaround and the new IDE
support on the horizon, perhaps its not too important.

Bob

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 08:40:38PM -0600, Bob Willcox wrote:
> When I get a panic on one of my systems here and attempt to take a dump from
> the debugger (via the "panic" command) I get this error message:
>
> dumping to dev 20001, offset 155776
> dump wd0: wddump: timeout waiting for DRQ (status 51 <rdy,seekdone,err> error 10 (no_id)
> i/o error
>
> Can somebody possibly tell me whats wrong?  Normally I use SCSI drives
> (except for my laptop, this is the only system I have with IDE) and have
> not had any trouble getting crash dumps to work.  I have included my
> kernel configuration file below.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

[ snipped kernel config ]

--
Bob Willcox             The man who follows the crowd will usually get no
bob@luke.pmr.com        further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is