Date:      Thu, 07 Dec 1995 17:49:11 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mail Archive <archive@cps.cmich.edu>
Cc:        Jonathan Cargille <jcargill@cs.wisc.edu>, Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Donations (was Re: Second appeal for sup ...)

> IF and only if people will donate the hardware for this. I can afford to
> spend the 100$ a month a friend of mine will charge to put a machine in
> Chicago Nap. This could be connected at atleast 10Mbit and possibly
> 100Mbit depending on wether or not the hardware is available. This would
> locate the machine in the worlds heaviest backbone node and be great
> access for everyone. All I ask from this machine is a spot to run a low
> use Web server from ( 300 - 400 hits a week) I would also be willing to
> maintain this piece of hardware for nothing more than this use.

I'd be interested in pursuing this.  Are you sure you have the
authorization to provide people with receipts and such?  If so, I
would recommend that people simply send the hardware directly to you
since it would not be a project donation in that case (at least not
directly, though indirectly it would be quite nice).

					Jordan