Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 22:06:17 -0600 (CST)
To:        max@underdog.maxie.com (James Robertson)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

In reply:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, michael butler wrote:
>
> > With Telstra Internet, access at 28k8 is a flat $A500/month. ISDN is a
> > _minimum_ of $A2k/month for _one_ _unused_ 64k channel. Use it, and that
> > can reach $A9k/month .. I know, I have one :-(
> Ouch. ISDN at T-1 prices for here. I had no idea the prices varied by that
> much.
>
> > Multi-link protocols would help enormously in this country, if only to force
> > Telstra to be more reasonable about their ISDN pricing,
>
> But If it were added to FreeBSD, would there be a provider willing to
> implement it at thier end? Unless both ends of the link did it, you'd
> only get better throughput in one direction. I would suspect a new
> company that offered such a service would do very well against the
> competition though. :-)
>
>   James Robertson
>   Treetop Internet Services

Whew!  Anyone know the exchange rate for $A -> $US ???  I didn't think that the
aussie dollar was that far from the us dollar [but then, it's been a few years
since i last checked]...

Interesting that they don't do flat-rate isdn there..  do they charge by the
packet, like some x.25 carriers here STILL do [tymnet, telenet]?

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or