Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:23:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Bernhard Froehlich" <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        "Giulio Ferro" <auryn@zirakzigil.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java desktop (eclipse)

> Is pretty much unusable. Every now and then, when you open a dialog or
> do some
> operation (e.g. refactoring) everything crashes with a "problematic
> frame" error
> or permgen error (even though I set a high value for that in config.ini).
>
> I already submitted more than one report on this and got no reply. Is
> java on freebsd
> abandoned or what?

Hi.

I am using Eclipse 3.2.2 with JDK 1.6.0 both from ports without any
problems or instabilitites on a FreeBSD 7.0-RC2/amd64. That runs perfectly
stable about one year now and is used mainly for Java Development
including the Subversion plugin.

The bad side... i played a bit with Eclipse 3.3 a few months ago and got a
few crashes of the JDKs and/or Eclipse but some of them seemed to be
related to FreeBSD-current/threading so i don't know if this is relevant
anymore.

Maybe you could be a bit more verbose on what environment you use.