Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 1997 23:27:40 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to check synch transfer rate; can 2940UW do wide transfers with narrow device attached?

I have a machine running 2.2-970215-GAMMA with an Adaptec 2940UW, which
is identified by the system as:

ahc0 <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI host adapter> rev 0 int a irq 10 on pci0:16
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs

Two questions concerning this:

1. Assuming a wide external device (in my case a Seagate ST15150W) *and*
a narrow internal device (IBM Ultrastar 2ES) connected at the same time:
Can the Adaptec still do wide transfers against the wide disk, or are all
transfers restricted to narrow?

2. How can I check what transfer rate is actually used for a particular
device?