Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 12:56:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
To:        nao@sbl.cl.nec.co.jp (Naoki Hamada)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: new if_vx driver in incoming on freefal

Naoki Hamada wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Here is today's snapshot. I divided if_vx.c into new (reduced) if_vx.c
> and if_vx_pci.c. The arguments of their functions are made similar to
> those of if_ep.c. /sys/conf/files needs an addition:

[patch deleted]

> I compiled them under 2.2-960801-SNAP to find them works greatly. The
> following are applied a minor patch which suits it to
> 2.1.5-RELEASE.
>
> Next, I will create if_vx_eisa.c for 3C59[27].

Have you incorporated my patches? Btw: This is a good plan, but in order
to be more prepared to handle situations like this we shopuld go the
netBSD way, i.e. have a directory called drivers (in the src/sys dir)
which are bus independent and have a per bus interface to these drivers.

-Guido

Cc: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org