Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:10:18 -0500
From:      Zhibing Wang <zhibing@tsp.ece.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Network Printer

Hi :

           I am trying to access a stand alone network printer, HP
LaserJet 2100M.
My /etc/printcap file look like ,

lp:\
                    :sh:\
                    :rm=<ip address of the printer>:\
                    :rp=raw:\
                    :sd=/var/spool/output/lphost:if=/var/log/lpd-errs:

            The IP address is ok, I can ping & telnet on the printer.
            The lpd can start, but everytime I use "lp", it shows error"
unknow printer".
             I am using FreeBSD 4.2.
             What can I do ?
             Greatly appreciated any suggestion