Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:06:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Home network question

Hey again,

I've got a question.  At home, I want to have a PC running FreeBSD that's
connected to the net over a PPP link.

Simultaneously...the same household will have a Mac and a printer.  I
would like to be able to use the printer on both machines.  It would be
nice to be able to trade files between both machines.  So.....

 (a)  Should I network the Mac to the FBSD box?  How?  Parallel port?
      Could I then run CAP on the BSD box and have the printer on it,
      visible to the Mac?

 (b)  Should I just get a switch for the printer and bag the network
      idea entirely?  Swapping files would be nice but not life
      threatening.

I'd rather avoid any herioc efforts and just get the thing working for the
guy.  Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
handy@sag.space.lockheed.com