Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:00:34 -0500
From:      "Rob Dalzell" <robert_d@usa.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FTPd INETd No Response But SFTP Works.

Hi

I'm having trouble understanding why my FTPd is not responding.  I have
uncommented FTP in inetd.conf, inetd is enabled in rc.conf. There have be=
en no
changes to the default setup of FreeBSD 6.2 AMD 64 other then the ports
install of php5 apache and mysql, so everything is set to basic security,=

hosts.allow is untouched, and allowing all access.

I do have SSHD installed and I have been using SFTP up untill now.  I am
configuring a php script that attempts to update it's self using the PHP5=
-FTP
mod, but this php mod does not work correctly with SFTP, so I have tried =
enable the FTPd (Like I have in the past).  I cannot make a connection to=
 the
FTP on port 21 with any FTP Client, just hangs.

I tried ports install of pure-ftp, as well, I could not connect to it eit=
her.

I can see them running in top, I can see inetd monitoring port 21 in sock=
stat,
but something just refuses to work.

Is there any known issue of having SFTP on port 22 and FTPd on 21 working=

together?

If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate any help.
Rob