Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:03:29 -0800
From:      "Shaffer, Gary R" <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
To:        "'Koster, K.J.'" <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Pre-alpha JDK 1.2.2 patches -- issues

JNI is the Java Native Interface and lets Java code talk to native libraries
written in other languages. We use it to interface the the JavaCOMM API so
we can interface with GPS hardware.
JCE (Java Cryptographic Extensions), and JSSE (Java Secure Socket
Extensions) are Sun extensions to JDK2.

As for the CORBA applications, the company I work for, SAIC, is developing
them for a customer that I can not name....

In my email, I was trying to make the point that although you can run the
Linux/Blackdown JDK, the possibilities exist that not all java
code/applications/extensions will work....That is why a native FreeBSD port
would be a perfect fit...