Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:21:12 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
Cc:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review: rc file changes

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 12:40:20 +0200, Leif Neland wrote:

> if isyes ${thisvariable}
>
> case $1 of
> [Yy][Ee][Ss])
>   exit 0
>   ;;
> *)
>   exit 1
>   ;;
> esac

I hope you mean "in" instead of "of" and "return" instead of "exit". :-)

I like this. One of the reasons I like it so much is because it will
make Doug's changes more friendly towards a future migration to a new
case-insensitive test(1) comparison (or even better, new case-handling
sh(1) variable expansions) easier.

Ciao,
Sheldon.