Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 21:26:40 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        pst@shockwave.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using ccd for striping?

In article <199607130753.AAA00326@precipice.shockwave.com> you wrote:
: Is anyone using the ccd driver in striping mode?  I'd like to hear about
: other people's good/bad experiences before trying it out myself.

 I have a couple of really old clunky 330mb SCSI drives, that can only
 push about 1mb sec reads, 0.8mb sec writes... put together and
 striped the ccd device does a good 1.6mb/s reads/1.4mb/s writes...

 (figures are done with iozone in non-optimal conditions...)

 I'd say that with a couple of decent newish drives you'd get quite
 good performance... i'm using my ccd device for a newspool and a
 web cache (so it doesn't matter if i loose it :)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  The internet is full, please try again in half an hour...