Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:45:28 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secure RPC/Secure NFS and installation files

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 05:37:05PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>
> I have two questions.
> I use here in Germany FreeBSD and I know of the trouble in using DES
> and restrictions.

DES restrictions? I am not aware of any for DES.

> But I'm not very firm in what's possible, what I have, what I
> need ... Well, my question is simple: with the regular installation, am I able
> to use Secure RPC/ Secure NFS by using keyserv and related stuff? How to set up
> or where to get newbie-stuff to perfomr this tasks?

I do not believe that you can get Secure RPC/NFS anywhere besides
Solaris. Sun has not let that go, and I don't think anyone's
successfully reverse-engineered it (heck, it might be patented for all
I know).

> On the othe hand, I deleted by mistake the Makefile.dist in /var/yp. I walked through
> my source tree, but I never found the original one. Where to find those files? I got
> one from another machine, but I want to have this type of files into some
> cvsupdated regions like the source stuff ... is this possible?

If you do the CVSup, the Makefile.yp is at,

  /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/Makefile.yp