Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:00:12 +0200
From:      Gerald Heinig <heinig@hdz-ima.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tracing Kernel code (isppp) & possible isdnd bug

Martin Husemann wrote:

> > Now, I'd like to investigate this problem, because it's definitely a bug: (if
> > the line is unavailable, then isdnd's claim about an active connection is false;
> > if the connection really is active, then i4b shouldn't release it without manual
> > intervention).
>
> I bet what you see is realy an active ISDN connection, but the PPP connection
> can not be established. The ppp code will then force isdnd to disconnect the
> call.

I suspected a problem with isppp, rather than with isdnd or the very low-level stuff.
As I wrote in my first mail, isdnd doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, since a
kill & restart of isdnd doesn't change anything.

> Have you tried setting the isppp interface to DEBUG and watch the ppp state
> changes? Has LCP come up?

I didn't think of that. I'll switch it on, thanks.
Of course, I haven't had any problems at all since last weekend....(sigh) Hello Mr.
Murphy.... :-(

cheers

Gerald