Date:      Sun, 02 Feb 1997 17:59:43 +0000
From:      Jim Chapman <jim.chapman@sympatico.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dump/Restore

First I am not sure if this is the correct place to get help with FeeeBSD problems. I
am assuming someone will email me back with a solution or a suggestion. If this is an
incorrect assumption or this is the wrong place for this problem would someone please
advise me.

I am having a problem with dump/restore. When I do a level 0 dump on the /usr
filesystem and then use the interactive option of restore I find some directories are
OK but others appear as files. This means I can't go down to the sub-directories and
their files. I have read the man pages and the handbook but can't figure out what I am
doing wrong.

I look forward to hearing from someone as I can't convert any applications to
FreeBSD until I am sure I can restore files.

Jim Chapman