Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:37:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michiel Boland <boland@carmel.diva.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Files not touched by make installword

Hi.

I was doing some upgrades from 4.4-RELEASE-p13 (installed from home-made
cd with make release) to 4.4-RELEASE-p25 (installed from cvsup using the
buildworld mantra.)

I noticed that some files that are installed with a 'minimal'
installation are not updated with make installworld, to be precise:-

/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach/_h2ph_pre.ph
/usr/share/tmac/man.local
/usr/lib/libcipher_p.a
/usr/lib/libtelnet_p.a
/usr/lib/libssl_p.a
/usr/lib/libcrypto_p.a

My /etc/make.conf:

NOGAMES=true	# do not build games (games/ subdir)
NOINFO=true	# do not make or install info files
NOPROFILE=true	# Avoid compiling profiled libraries

So I'm wondering about two things (well three actually :)

Why does the minimal installation install profiled crypto libraries?

What do I do with _h2ph_pre.ph and man.local? Are these files of any use?

Cheers
Michiel