Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 23:18:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Geoff Wells <geoff@ginsu.com>
To:        Bill Lloyd <wlloyd@mpd.ca>
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

I think that if we are addressing the "dialup" community, the time you
are going to want it is when doing those 30 minute ftps, etc.  In this
case, the 30 second negotiation will be fine.  Even if it doesn't
increase the through put of the ftp (due to Inet speed or whatever) it
could mean that you would be able to surf while the ftp happens.

The bigger issue, which no one seems to have brought up, is what are we
going to connect to?  In order for this to work (which I think would be
useful) the provider must set up a terminal server on FreeBSD.  A great
way to force market penetration but I don't think it will be the last
nail in the coffins' of the terminal server makers.  :)

Geoff.