Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:30:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "James E. Housley" <housley@pr-comm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anti-spam in hub.mc

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, James E. Housley wrote:
> I think I am missing something important here.  I was using an older anti-spam
> rule set for sendmail.  I started using the new set that is in hub.mc .  My
> question is that mail from a site that is blocked has a message/reply with
> #blocked.contact postmaster@pr-comm.com (for me, was postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG).
> My question is how will they actually contact the postmaster if mail from that
> site is blocked?????

By telephone.  Seriously, if you've blocked someone by mistake they
can either get your phone number from whois (you do keep your contact
information up to date, right) or send mail from an account at a non-blocked
site.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the contact ... message, our message
is "Access denied".

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com