Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:39:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Dr Lyman Hazelton <lrh@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Color DeskJet 960c

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Dr Lyman Hazelton wrote:

> Has anyone gotten one of these to work?  If so, would you mind letting
> me know how to configure the ghostscript fliter for it?  Thanks!
I would install /usr/ports/print/apsfilter which will work out
the configuration for most printers automatically. My hpdj 990cxi
is supported, so I guess yours will be fine, too.
Mind: During installation you will be asked which graphic formats
should be supported. Some of the options will cause quite a big
installation (especially the teTex package).

An alternative would be cups printing system, I am experimenting
with it, but the drivers I tested yet, are slow and produce
strange colours.

Regards,

Uli.