Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:20:58 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        click46@webpimps.net ("Aaron")
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise RAID Cards [drivers]

On 16 Aug 2001 13:29:24 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you =
wrote:

>Hello,
>     Before you hit the reply button and type "we've been over this", I=20
>have but a few simple questions.
>     It's been said that Promise wont respond or refuses to hand over=20
>needed specs for driver development to any FreeBSD programmer. What I'm=20
>wondering is:
>     - who is contacting promise?
>     - who at promise are they contacting?
>     - who "officially" is in charge of such things with the FreeBSD=20
>group? Is there anyone delegated to speak on behalf of the FreeBSD=20
>project to hardware manufacturers?

You could ask sos@freebsd.org who has done the majority of work on the =
ata
and ata like drivers.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)