Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:13:48 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "chen c.y." <c.y.chen@bham.ac.uk>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Customer Relations' <FreeBSDCustomerRelations@windriver.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'denise@osd.bsdi.com'" <denise@osd.bsdi.com>
Subject:   Re: Experience of buying FreeBSD CDs from Wind River

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 09:37:21PM +0100, chen c.y. wrote:

> Last month, I purchased a set of freeBSD CD from them, and encounter some
> installation problems due to the un-bootable CD. As we know, the first CD
> should be bootable and lead the users through the installation once the PC
> is able to be booted from CD-ROM. However, the version they provided to me
> is not able to do that. I needed to make some boot floppy diskes and did =
the
> installation. Yes, it was successful. However, it was not what the
> advertisement said!! I did complain to them and wait for 11 days so far.
> However,they did not reply in term of this.

=46rom the emails you included, it looks like you purchased a product
which was different than the one you wanted; a development snapshot of
5.0-CURRENT part of the FreeBSD Toolkit (a product intended for
developers and power users).  You can't really complain too much if
you bought the wrong product by mistake and it doesn't do what you
hoped it to do.

Kris

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--