Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:01:10 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@super.zippo.com>, "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why so many steps to build new kernel?

On Fri, Dec 05, 1997 at 04:13:39PM +0800, Greg Lehey wrote:
> You wouldn't need to do that if you wrote:
>
>  make config depend all install

I don't think you want to do it quite like that. If my memory is correct,
the .depend files created by the 'depend' target will not be used by make
for the 'all' target.

You need to run 'depend' and 'all' in two seperate makes. BICBW.

I normally do;

    % cd /sys/compile/KERNEL
    % make clean depend; make -j 4 all; make install

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
              It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission