Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:08:02 +0200
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hubert Tournier <hubert@frbsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox 3.2.0 port

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:27:55 -0700 (PDT), Hubert Tournier
<hubert@frbsd.org> wrote:
> Hello Bernhard,
>

> Bernhard Fröhlich wrote:
>>
>>> Are there also plans to include vboxwebservice
>>> (src/VBox/Main/webservice) in future versions of the port?
>> beat@ has created a patch with an webservice option to install the
>> binaries and the wsdl files. It will be committed to our testing
>> repository
>> in a few hours and it would be great if you could test the
functionality
>> and conformance and give us some feedback.
>>

> I've installed the latest version of the port and will test the
webservice
> soon. Thanks for including it!
>

> "Hubert Tournier wrote:
>>
>>> Looking at the VirtualBox 3.2.0b2 port (in
>>> https://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies/virtualbox-port-r816.tar.gz), i see
>>> that the VNC patch now seems to be included, which is really nice.
>>

> I rejoiced too quickly. This is not Daisuke's patch, but something from
the
> VirtualBox developers with a different set of options and more
importantly
> no support for keyboard layouts other than the US one (and probably no
> support too for the AltGr modifier key which is mandatory for
international
> keyboards).
>
> I will also see in the next weeks if i can adapt my patch for this VNC
> implementation.

Yes the VNC patch was contributed by another person. We have also informed
Daisuke about this and i think he said that he will try to merge his patch
(which I think is more advanced then the current one) so that his work can
also be included.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/