Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2014 01:46:05 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   db120 (mips74k) boot messages; further help wanted

Hi,

Now that I've mostly finished the DB120 port and Sean's working on the
DIR-825 (rev C1) port, I thought I'd just give a boot example of this
platform.

It's quite a sweet mips board. I haven't yet booted a full rootfs via
USB; that's what I'll do tomorrow or Monday. I'll start stress testing
the userland and VM then. But it works great as an AP.

https://code.google.com/p/freebsd-wifi-build/wiki/AtherosReferenceDB120

I'm hoping the DIR-825 C1 port will be just as stable as the DB120 is for me.

Now, the missing bits:

* NAND flash controller - I'm making a start on this now;
* I2S - I'll port this over afterward, so we can have sound on boards
that ship with sound;
* AR8327 VLAN (tagged and per-port) support - someone else will have
to crime this from openwrt. I may eventually get around to it, but
it'll take some time. I don't currently use the VLAN stuff at home and
I haven't yet set this up as a router gateway so I don't need the
LAN/WAN port distinction.

Thanks to Hiren/Sean for persevering on the DIR-825 rev C1 board port.
The config files and build script stuff should be committed in various
places in the next couple of days.

-a