Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 02:03:36 -0700
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        Rob <merc@pathwaynet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: downloading FreeBSD

At 01:03 AM 8/8/99 -0700, Rob wrote:
>I've looked over your site, your FTP, and ftp.cdrom.com, and I'm having
>a little trouble with what exactly I should be downloading here.
>
>What directory should I go to if I want to download FreeBSD, I have a 6
>hour time limit on my ISP, I get disconnected, so I don't think the FTP
>installation is for me.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/x620.html has a bit of information... I
don't know why this question isn't answered right away on the
installationweb page.  Basically, you just need /bin to get a system
running, but you'll probably want to look into downloading /manpages,
/compat* (for compatability with other versions of FreeBSD), some of the
/src files so you can make a custom kernel (ssys* I believe, someone yell
if that's wrong), /ports so you can use the great ports system for
intalling programs, and /floppies so you can make the boot floppies.

Best of luck!

-Charon