Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:48:56 +0000
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gjournal failing to do its job

> File system should be placed directly on .journal provider.

I have recreated all file systems, each on its own journal provider. And
gjournal *still* fails to do it job:

On a normal boot, all journal providers come up as "clean". If the
system hangs and has to be force-rebooted, the journal providers report
"consistent" during boot. However, the system still complains that / has
not been unmounted cleanly. While it only complains about /, all other
file systems are actually not clean either.

I can return to a consistent state by running fsck on each file system
and fixing the (numerous) errors it reports. But this surely cannot be
how journaling is supposed to work...

Am I doing something wrong here? I cannot see what. Each file system is
UFS2, created directly on its own gjournal provider and with journaling
flag set.

- Bartosz