Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:22:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      J A Shamsi <jashamsi@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw and proxy

Hi

I want to configure packet filtering firewall
(ipfw) on a BSD dual homed gateway(two nic's)
having a proxy server( TIS FWTK).
I have a http-gw running at port 80.
I wonder if I can specify  a set of
ipfw rules that can restrict the outer nic
to communicate only for http-gw( and other proxy
services)to the outside world.

I know that proxy is running on port 80,
but I am curios which port is it using while
communicating to other sites for http, so that i can
allow communication from that particular port only.

I would really appreciate if anyone can
help me.

thanks

jawwad