Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:49:49 -0500
From:      "Ric Messier" <kilroy@WasHere.COM>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: newcard/cardbus instabilities

I'm having problems getting -current (last attempt was 3/16 build) to detect
my 3COM network card in my TI CardBus bridge in a Compaq Armada.

Actually, worse than that is trying to run the install while the laptop is
in a docking station. The system locks up after announcing that it has found
a PCMCIA controller. I suspect this is because, while in the docking
station, there are two.

NetBSD does something similar. While running through the system scan, it
announces that it has found one then announces it has found another then
stops and says (almost literally), wait, we just saw that. Then it dumps to
debug mode.

Any experiences or thoughts on getting this to work would be appreciated.
I'd love to get a BSD on my laptop.

Ric