Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 01:08:04 +0100
From:      "Roderick van Domburg" <r.s.a.vandomburg@student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Thomas Moestl" <tmoestl@gmx.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: panic: trap: fast data access mmu miss

> Hmmm, that's what I expected. Can you please try the attached patch
> instead? It adds some more error reporting, so I should be able to see
> what exactly is going wrong. Please mail me any new lines of output
> appearing directly above the __sym_calloc2 message.

Well, somewhere after the isp0 initialization, the console was literally
flooded with "iommu_dvma_valloc: out of DMA space." I couldn't see _exactly_
when it started printing those messages.

It did that for maybe 15 - 20 seconds, then continued the booting as usual
with occasionally the same message (perhaps five times?) then after the 15
second SCSI timeout, the screen was flooded indefinitely with a message from
sym0.

It went to fast to make it out exactly, but this is about what it said:

sym0: PCI STATUS = 0x2000
sym0: [unable to make this part out] SCSI BUS reset detected.
sym0: [again unable to read]
sym0: [unable to read] regdump 00 00 05 47 00 00 0f 00 08 00 00 80 00 08 02
00 00 00 00 20 ff
sym0: [unable to read]

I left it running for some 5 minutes, but it appeared to be stuck in that
loop. You will have to bear with me on the regdump, I'm not sure if these
are the exact number of bytes and the 0's look a lot like 8's, and vice
versa, when the console is flooded.

Sincerely,

Roderick