Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:07:17 -0500
From:      yonder <y0nd3rb0y@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        vmiller@ramapo.edu, amruth@ramapo.edu
Subject:   writing interrupt handlers

I recently rediscovered some old DOS (the OS, not DoS!!!) turbo pascal
code I wrote back in high school in which I wrote an interrupt handler,
placed its address in the interrupt vector table, and returned control
to the original handler when my new one was finished.  I was wondering
if there was a standard way to do this in *NIX C.  For example, I could
write a short function to load a sound and play it every time a key is
pressed... and then return control to the original handler to process
the keypress correctly.
- Jaymin Kessler