Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:09:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      trorki@area51.capnet.state.tx.us
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: new TCL vs. current-6

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Three of my TCL-based ports fail now on amd64 running current-6. All failures
> occur, when an attempt is made to use the TCL-interpreter -- either to run
> the port's self-tests, or to generate the manual pages. The failures are
> either "Floating point exceptions" or "Segmentation faults" and appear to
> only happen on amd64 (may be, on ia64 as well):

> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/mi%40aldan.algebra.com.html

> Can anyone confirm being able to use freshly built TCL on amd64 _at all_?

> My ports did not change in months -- what could be wrong with TCL and/or
> amd64?

I just build expect a few minutes ago on:

  FreeBSD rc.capnet.state.tx.us 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #1: Wed
  Dec  8 11:39:15 CST 2004     stu@rc.capnet.state.tx.us:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  amd64

and it seems to work fine, though I haven't pushed it.

Let me know if you need specific tests.  I can do a -current tomorrow,
possibly.

stu