Date:      12 Nov 2002 12:31:28 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        rozzy@myquran.com
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bout my freeBSD

--=-wE82+OrYp6Vw+SBcOSbU

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 22:47, ROZZY ZAINAL wrote:
> dear sir/madam,
>=20
> i loved to use freeBSD. but im newbies. im using freeBSD 4.6 right now. a=
nd i've got some question to ask u:
> 1.am i still secure enough if people know some bugs inside my compie?
> 2.can i up grade my freeBSD 4.6 to freeBSD 4.7 (online)?
> 3.do u sell the cd and the handbook in malaysia?if it no, can i have the =
ISBN to order it?

Join my-opensource.org mailing list. Lots of FreeBSD fans there. Details
at www.my-opensource.org for local support of FreeBSD.

4.6 is not secure, you'll have to track 4.6 release keep up with the
updates.

Yes you can upgrade 4.6 to 4.7 online, it only takes about 15mins or so
to cvsup.

I've seen FreeBSD Unleashed at MPH bookstores in Malaysia, but most of
the time soft copy of FreeBSD Handbook gives most of the answers you
need.

file:///usr/share/doc/handbook/index.html (FreeBSD Handbook)

Read this section on how to upgrade online:

file:///usr/share/doc/handbook/synching.html

Then post questions here or to me, if you have any problems.

--=-wE82+OrYp6Vw+SBcOSbU

--=-wE82+OrYp6Vw+SBcOSbU--