Date:      Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:09:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Matt Juszczak <matt@atopia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X not loading in full screen

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Matt Juszczak wrote:

>> So what does /var/log/Xorg.0.log say?  I'd guess that it's not finding what
>> it thinks is an acceptable refresh rate for the monitor.

> The monitor is a laptop LCD screen.  See my xorg.conf at
> http://www.atopia.net/scratch/xorg.conf.  I also tried stretching the screen
> in my bios, that stretches the console but X still starts in a small window
> in the middle of my screen.  My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite 2675DVD.
>
> The log file doesn't say much at all.  Did you want me to post that as well?

[Please don't top-post, it makes replying difficult.]

/var/log/Xorg.0.log should show where X is going wrong.  X is usually
pretty wordy about what it's doing.

If it's a refresh rate problem, setting it to 60 Hz should work without
any visible flicker on the LCD.

Some of those model of Satellite appear to have come with a 1024x768
screen, so that's worth trying also.