Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:34:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Brian Sobolak <brian@planetshwoop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: procps in bsd

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Brian Sobolak wrote:

> I have installed Linux bin compatibility, and pstree doesn't work.  Is it
> earth-shattering?  No.  Would this fix it?

pstree is not included with procps.

pstree is a FreeBSD ports/sysutils/pstree package. Not really Linux
related. There is also pstree from psmisc package which is also in the
FreeBSD ports collection (and it is not Linux specific) in the sysutils
category. (Two packages conflict.)

I don't know why your pstree doesn't work. If you are using psmisc, I
assume you need a /proc filesystem mounted. Do that or try the other
package.

If you want to use procps' "pstree", then use "ps --forest".

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/