Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 22:07:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      hm@ernie.altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        agl@mac.glas.apc.org (Anthony Graphics)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Alternative reboot under SNAP-950412

>From the keyboard of Anthony Graphics:

> Vt switching works fine for me when sc0 console driver compiled in, but not
> when the vt220 compatible one (vt0?). At least last time I tried.

Pcvt can be compiled with a more "VT220"-like keyboard layout or a more
"normal" so called "HP"-like keyboard layout. For the compile options look
at the descriptions in file pcvt_conf.h.

In the "regular" pcvt distribution there are 2 files describing the above
layouts, they are Keyboard.VT and Keyboard.HP respectively, i hope they
made it into the FreeBSD source tree - you'll find everything you need to
now about vt switching in this doc-files.

Anyway it should always be possible to use the standard X keystroke
CTL-ALT-F(x) in pcvt to switch screens with both compile options.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?