Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:38:06 +1000
From:      Hugh Blandford <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Smart UPS -- any experts out there?

We have a smart ups and it works fine.  When the power goes out the battery
kicks in and keeps things running.  However, when the ups is about to run
out of battery it signals the servers which then do a shutdown.  On our
system here that could be upto two and a bit hours later.  The ups is then
turned off and when the mains is restored it reboots the machines.

Regards,

Hugh.