Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:23:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        ser@hon.hn
Subject:   Re: Help with Bocaboard 2016 silo overflow's

As Samuel E. Romero wrote:

> I'm trying to set up an ISP server using, FreeBSD 2.1.5R on a P150 48MB
> Ram and 2GB IDE HD.  I'm using the BB2016 board with external box to
> connect the (will be?) dial-in modems.  I have Motorola 28.8 modems for
> dial-in.  I can connect with the modem in any of the 16 ports of the
> BB2016 using a terminal comm program, and can type commands and
> everything on the comm program, but as soon as I begin something that
> sends a stream of bytes (zmodem file upload or PPP handshaking - slirp,
> ppp or pppd), the host complains with silo overflows.  1, 2, 4 up to 5
> at a time.  I'm only using one of the 16 modems at a time (No
> "production" yet :-( ).

Are you sure you've got:

. a Boca that supports CTS/RTS
. cables that wire CTS/RTS
. modems setup to use hardware flow control
. tty ports configured for CTS/RTS flow control?

sax.sax.de also uses a BB2016, and apart from the well-known reboot
problem (some lines sometimes fail probing after a panic reboot), the
card is doing fine.

--
cheers, J"org