Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:35:18 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Deleting IPv4 iface-routes from extra FIBs

--------------enigC03D3F4236BF98097829ED29

Bez=C3=BCglich Nikolay Denev's Nachricht vom 22.04.2014 22:38 (localtime)=
:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Harald Schmalzbauer
> <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de> wrote:
=E2=80=A6

>> Desired solution:
>> =C2=B7 Allow deletion of v4-iface-routes if FIB!=3D0.
=E2=80=A6
> As it was suggested before as immediate workaround you can set
> net.add_addr_allfibs=3D0 so that the interface routes are added only in=

> the default FIB.

Thanks Nikolay, that was new to me!
Unfortunately this only affects inet (v4) routes and doesn't work well
when configuring iface IPs at jail start =E2=80=93 the corresponding ifac=
e route
stays absent.
So I still have to delete inet6 routes and for consistency I prefere to
do the same for inet routes, instead of trying to add iface-routes at
another place=E2=80=A6

Are you involved in decisions how this shall be handled in the future? I
vote for the  smart 'route' way; allow iface-routes to be deleted if
parameter "-fib !=3D net.my_fibnum"

Thanks,

-Harry