Date:      Tue, 01 May 2001 00:35:09 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        d_f0rce@gmx.de, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Dangerously Dedicated" setting in 4.3-R install

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> > Is there a special reason, why this option was removed?
>
> Too many people shooting themselves in the feet.  It also
> stuck those people with systems where certain boot tricks
> were no longer possible.

Yeah, well, isn't that what they're there for? Target practice?

What I'm wondering is what the impact of this decision might
be on the long term for those of us running dangerously
dedicated (cough, cough)?

Having "../sysinstall/disks.c" undocumented is one thing, having
it not there - presumably because this chicked is still at 4.2-S
- something different alltogether.

Had a quick looksee, looks like that's the culprit allright.

Somehow I find the thought of mayhap having to reformat my hard
disks to install the latest and greatest - say 6.0-STABLE - quite
unsettling <g>.

Roelof