Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 00:13:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   matcd driver in 2.0.5-RELEASE

Hi

I tried to boot off the 2.0.5 boot floppy and couldn't get past the stage
where the matcd controller was probed.  The message I got was

matcd0: get_stat: after reading status byte, bus didn't go idle ff f 230

I have a 100% compatible (as far as I know) sound blaster card and a
creative quad speed IDE CD ROM.  The card is a Vibra 16 (with Creative
Technology printed on the card).  I would really like to be able to get
this CD ROM going as I intend to get a subscription for the BSD CD's if
it works.

Any help with this would be great...

TIA
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !