Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:33:37 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: db120 (mips74k) boot messages; further help wanted

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 01:46:05 -0700
Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that I've mostly finished the DB120 port and Sean's working on the
> DIR-825 (rev C1) port, I thought I'd just give a boot example of this
> platform.

On RB2011 it works too, but network part is still a problem I did not
solve.

> It's quite a sweet mips board. I haven't yet booted a full rootfs via
> USB; that's what I'll do tomorrow or Monday. I'll start stress testing
> the userland and VM then. But it works great as an AP.
>
> https://code.google.com/p/freebsd-wifi-build/wiki/AtherosReferenceDB120
>
> I'm hoping the DIR-825 C1 port will be just as stable as the DB120 is
> for me.
>
> Now, the missing bits:
>
> * NAND flash controller - I'm making a start on this now;

That's great, keep us informed - I will test it on my RB2011 too.

> * I2S - I'll port this over afterward, so we can have sound on boards
> that ship with sound;
> * AR8327 VLAN (tagged and per-port) support - someone else will have
> to crime this from openwrt. I may eventually get around to it, but
> it'll take some time. I don't currently use the VLAN stuff at home and
> I haven't yet set this up as a router gateway so I don't need the
> LAN/WAN port distinction.

Well, as Atheros934x SoC has actually two network intefaces (arge0 and
arge1), you could use them for outer/inner interface, even if it does
not make it to the full use of device. Anyway, I would like to play
with vlan support, unfortunately mdio does not yet work for me yet.
Sometimes it works and switch looks to be recognised correctly, but
even then it is not properly initialised and no network traffic passes
through. The same is valid for both external and intenal switch.

> Thanks to Hiren/Sean for persevering on the DIR-825 rev C1 board port.
> The config files and build script stuff should be committed in various
> places in the next couple of days.

I would be happy to post my configs and have them in src tree, but it
is not yet ready. Network must work reliably first.

Regards,
Milan