Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:29:28 -0600
From:      Philip Kizer <pckizer@nostrum.com>
To:        Anand Buddhdev <me@anand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WAN cards in FreeBSD

Anand Buddhdev <me@anand.org> wrote:
>2. Use a PC with WAN cards in it, like those from Sangoma or ETINC. This
>would be a cheaper option, since we can use 486's and the cards are not too
>expensive (with Sangoma we would save on DTU costs as well).

I use a Sangoma S508 with great success.  Unfortunately it's still running
Linux as Sangoma did not have FreeBSD drivers ~3 years ago (heh, yeah,
right) when I started using it.

I was hoping to see something by December after their announcement of the
PPP driver for their boards over the summer; but, at the moment I cannot
recommend them based only on the fact that their domainname is "On Hold"
with the NIC, and I cannot get any info until business hours tomorrow.

-philip