Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:07:59 -0500
From:      "Steven Ames" <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@blinx.net>, "Chris Dillon" <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why two cards on the same segment...

Not really. The private IP space probably never leaves that LAN segment so
the source IP would get set properly and the default route is irrelevent.
Whenever
he communicated with a block that is not diretly attached then the code has
choose a source address and then send the packet to the next hop (usually
the
default route unless you have a dynamic protocol daemon (routed/gated/etc)
running. As long as your just communicating to directly attached subnets
everything
will work peachy regardless of public/private/quantity/netmask.

-Steve