Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tom Fischer <tfischer@amak.rain.fr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, tfischer@amak.rain.fr
Subject:   Re: filesystem size - simple question

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Tom Fischer wrote:

> First, congratulations on a great product!  I'm a new (a few days now) and still
> extremely naive user of FreeBSD, and I'm very pleased with it.

Glad you're pleased with it..we sure are!

> Secondly, I have a quick and stupid question for you:  What is the filesystem
> size limit that FreeBSD allows?  Can I span one filesystem across several disks?

I think a filesystem can be as big as you need it.  Under conventional
means, you would create a separate filesystem on each disk and mount the
disks.  (does that sound right?)  There is some work on a driver called
ccd that would allow you to put those disks together into one huge disk.
It's still under development and I don't have many details.