Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 14:56:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD keyboard

John Fieber writes:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:
>
>> My S.O. was getting lots of wrist pain too.  She types only on these
>> keyboards now also, and has a lot less problems with her wrists.
>
> My wife was getting wrist pains and I made the mistake of loaning
> her my MS keyboard.  I couldn't get it back for a month!  It was
> utter hell.
>
> Has anyone tried any of the MS keyboard inspired clones?  Micro
> Warehouse sells a "Tru-Form" keyboard made by Adesso that look
> almost identical except it has a "eraser" mouse between the
> keyboard halves.  Its about half the price of the MS unit, but a
> keyboard is not something I'll buy without trying out first.  I
> have not found any dealers with display.

What programs do you use?  I use emacs a lot, and having the ALT and
CTRL keys in the wrong place always gave me wrist pains.  I also use
the F keys a lot, and having them in a row above the keyboard, where
you have to go looking for them, is definitely not the way for a
touch-typist.  That's why I'm still holding on to my dying Northgate
keyboards, which have the F keys on the left, where I can access them
without looking.  Why did they ever move them away to where you can't
find them?

Greg