Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:35:46 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WANTED: Splashscreens and screenshots

+----[ Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com> (08.Mar.2005 11:25):

| Fernan Aguero wrote:
| >+----[ Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com> (08.Mar.2005 06:44):
| >|
| >|
| >+----]
| >
| >My votes are 1st for the official splash screen, and 2nd for
| >the one by Franz (i.e. the official splash populated with
| >daemons). Would my opinion matter, for this second splash
| >I'd just add one daemon, the big one that is faded with the
| >background, to keep it simple.
|
| First: Thanks's for the votes - not bad for 10 minutes work. :-)
| i'm amazed because i never thought that it get one vote at all... ;-)
|
| here two other one:
| http://webonaut.com/temp/210-2.png
| http://webonaut.com/temp/210-3.png

OK, so now I invert my votes:

1st: http://webonaut.com/temp/210-2.png
2nd: http://www.gimp.org/contest/

| Franz.
|
| ps: it is really mandatory to put the daemon-copyright into the splash?

+----]

I don't know if it's common practice, but it is possible to include
the copyright information in the textual information
associated with the image. Don't know if png/xpm formats
allow for it, but most other formats do (like the
information provided inside jpg files from digital cameras).
Maybe there are other ways ...

Also, the official gnome splash screen is by Sami Viitanen,
who should also be acknowledged.

Fernan